In Pakistan, chapli kebab is a traditional and popular dish. A patty-shaped kebab cooked in the Pashtun style from ground beef or mutton and seasoned with various spices. This tasty meal is from Peshawar, although it’s known as chitter kebab in Punjab.
- ½ kg mincemeat (beef or mutton)
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tbsp roasted whole coriander seeds
- ½ tbsp roasted coriander seeds, coarsely ground
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, add the mince meat in a large bowl to mix in all the ingredients except the oil.
- Once well combined, set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into approximately two tablespoon-sized balls and flatten into patties.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry the kebabs for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
Also Check These Recipes: