Your phone may be prohibited as a result of the PTA’s laws and regulations, but don’t panic, it’s not the end of the world. All you have to do to unblock a phone restricted by PTA is read this post and follow the instructions.
Why was your phone blocked by PTA?
If your phone is not registered with PTA after a certain amount of time, it will most likely be blocked. Registering your phone is necessary because it allows the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) to maintain track of which gadgets have been legitimately imported and which have been smuggled into Pakistan.
In the majority of situations, such phones that have been carried by the owner while traveling from outside are unregistered with PTA, and the appropriate tax must be paid in order to continue using them.
Your PTA Blocked Phone Can Be Unblocked
Here’s how to quickly unlock a phone that has been seized by authorities:
- Follow this link to the PTA’s official website.
- A menu can be found in the bottom right corner.
- To proceed, select the very last option, ‘Online Mobile Registration.’
- When you select this option, you will be redirected to a new tab where you must create a new account and sign up as a new user.
- Personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, postal address, city, passport number, CNIC, and password will be requested.
- Your registration will be complete once you have completed all of the fields in the form.
- An activation link will be emailed to you, allowing you to access your account.
- Register your phone by logging into your freshly formed account.
- It’s vital to keep in mind that you can only register one free mobile phone per year.
You’ll have to pay tax on any additional phones you want to register.
- Your IMEI number, which can be located on the phone box, will also be required.
- After you submit the form, you will receive a text message on your phone with your PSID number and COC ID information.
- If there is any tax due on your device, it will be indicated in the SMS.
- You must pay the tax in any major Pakistani banking branch, such as MCB, ABL, or NBP, to finalize the registration of your PTA restricted phone.
- Following payment, you will receive a text message confirming that your phone has been approved by the PTA.
What Taxes Do You Have to Pay?
The amount of tax you pay is determined by the cost of the device you’re using. Even if you brought an old phone from another country, the tax on it will be based on the current market rate.
Check More Informative Articles in Tips & Tricks Section: